ASHANTI DESIGN T&Cs INCLUDING DELIVERY AND REFUND POLICY –
Ashanti Design is the trading name of a close corporation called Morow Investments 175cc (CK 2000/013116/23), having its principal place of business at 77 Kloof Street, Gardens, Cape Town, South Africa.
These terms and conditions apply to all purchases made via the Ashanti Design online store www.ashantidesign.com. These terms and conditions do not apply to retail purchases. See Retail Sales Terms below.
Any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each item in our range of textiles, baskets, home-ware and accessories are handcrafted using local, responsibly sourced materials and techniques culturally unique to each region and are produced using materials not manufactured by Ashanti Design. Accordingly, our products will contain imperfections and the different materials will have different light-fastness and may fade.
- The products listed on the website are available for collection at the Ashanti Design store on Kloof Street in Cape Town, alternatively for delivery across South Africa. Kindly make your selection at check out. Your order will be shipped within 7 days of receipt of payment in our bank account. You will be notified by email and provided with a tracking number by the courier company.
- For international customers, you will be liable for all charges, taxes, import duties applicable to the delivery of your products internationally. You are expected to know all laws regarding customs and excise of the country to which the products are being shipped and we accept no liability whatsoever in respect thereof as well as in respect of any taxes, duties or other charges incurred by you in this regard.
Cancellation of orders must be received within 24 hours after purchase and will only accepted if the products have not been shipped.
If you are entitled to a return, you are entitled to a refund, to have the product replaced or, if the product is defective, repair it.
Should you wish to return a product you purchased online, you have a cooling-off period of 7 days from the date of receipt of the product. You will be liable for the costs of return of the product to Ashanti Design.
You will be required to provide proof of purchase and return the products in suitable packaging.
If you have received a product which turns out to be defective, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect, but in any event within 6 months after receipt by you of the product.
A product is considered defective if there is any material imperfection in the manufacture of the product less acceptable than persons generally would be reasonably entitled to expect in the circumstances. We would like to stress that our products are hand-made and the products will contain imperfections as a result.
We will require proof of purchase and photos of the product prior to such product being returned.
You will not be entitled to a return or refund if the defect is as a result of any of any of the following:
- failure to comply with the wash-care instructions of the product or any other instructions provided with the product;
- failure due to incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from light-fastness of the product as some products are made from fabric off-cuts, the production of which is not carried out by Ashanti Design;
- damage due to pets;
- damage arising from weather as well as electrical surges; or
- damage arising from altering the product after leaving our control.
If you wish us to refund you as opposed to repair or replace the defective product, we will do so within 30 days of the return or such longer period as agreed between us.
If on receipt of the product by us, it is determined the product is not defective, we will not replace the product or refund you the purchase price and you shall be liable for any costs incurred by us in respect of the return.
International clients: We will consider returns with respect of international orders but only to the extent that the product is defective. You will, however, be liable for the cost of returning the product to us for inspection in the event that the purported defect is not noticeable from pictures. If we accept a return, we will first endeavour to repair a defect before offering a replacement.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
No third-party rights: This contract is between you and Ashanti Design. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
No waiver: If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Notices: Any notices to be provided hereunder shall be in writing and addressed to Ashanti Design at 77 Kloof Street, Cape Town, South Africa and any address provided by you.
Invalid terms: If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid by any court or relevant authority, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
Governing law and jurisdiction: These terms are governed by South African law and the South African regulatory authorities and courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any matter relating to them.